University of Calgary faculty, staff, and students who’d like to explore SoTL further may consult the SoTL programming available at the Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning.
Below are some recommended readings.
Brief Introductions to SoTL
- The SoTL Advocate from Illinois State University
- SoTL Canada from the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- The SoTL Guide from the University of Calgary’s Taylor Institute for Teaching and Learning
Books on Doing SoTL
- Bishop-Clark, Cathy, & Dietz-Uhler, Beth. (2012). Engaging in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: A Guide to the Process, and How to Develop a Project from Start to Finish. Sterling, VA: Stylus.
- Gurung, Regan, & Schwartz, Beth. (2008). Optimizing Teaching and Learning: Practicing Pedagogical Research. Malden, MA: Wiley-Blackwell.
- McKinney, Kathleen. (2007). Enhancing Learning through the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning: The Challenges and Joys of Juggling. Bolton, MA: Anker.
Watch the video below for additional reading recommendations.
“Reading Recommendations for New SoTL Scholars”